Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A little background pt 2

(Tweets continued)

I'm wondering if I can give Chicory ambien.
OMG! That first night she howled. I'm pretty sure the upstairs and next door neighbors thought I was torturing her. I was woken up once and hour. And it wasn't just meowing. It was climbing on everything in my room and rustling the blinds. You know those gawd-awful plastic blinds that come standard in all dorms and 1st apartments? Those ones that make a racket if you so-much-as look at them sideways? Yes, those. She bumped into and moved them all night long. But definitely the greatest feat of hers was climbing the windows. I don't know if I have the architectural vocabulary to express this, but she was climbing the little pieces of wood which outline the panes of glass. And meowing at the moon. Ware-kitteh?

Chicory has now made my PJ drawer her newest sanctuary. She thinks she clever hiding in a closed drawer. She doesn't know I've had cats b4
She thought she was pretty smart. She thought I'd never find her. I did. She hissed. I think this was the first time I won one of our little battles.

Thoughts at 4 am: Is it possible Chicory IS the spawn of Basement Cat and I am, in fact, living a remake of The Omen?
Day two of the non-stop crying. I'm close to crying. I'm practicing deep breathing. This is where I started wondering (1) could she could be the reincarnation of some one who really disliked me and (2) is it possible for a 3 month old kitteh to kill someone. I've seen Final Destination AND Pet Cemetery 2. I know what I'm up against.

Not sure [of] what, but this is a bad sign of something: I've caught myself wishing I could email my cat at home to see how it's going over there
You know that scene in the movie Twilight (and if I know my audience, they do) where Edward and Bella are having dinner in La Push and he's confessing his mind reading capabilities and to prove it he starts summarizing every one's thoughts: "Money... Sex... Money... Sex..." And then he looks at the weird-o bartender and gives an odd (but dreamy) laugh and says "cat." Well that was me. If Edward had been in my office, 1) we'd be making out in the stacks and 2) it would have been "Beer... US Code... Cat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment